Thursday, February 20, 2020

the devil in disguise

as clear as a glass of cold
water

I remember the moment
when I made

the decision to be with this
person

who had come into my life
mysteriously.

as if she crawled out from
some bog,
some dark, dank swamp.

a reptile that transformed
herself into a human figure.

I remember thinking, and feeling
in my gut.

this is not going to be good.
there is something
wrong with this person.

beneath her skin is a demon
lurking.

don't be tricked, don't be
fooled by her
lies, her womanly ways,

her charm.

I thought to myself, I should
end it now, right this second.
call it all off.

but I didn't.
and I paid the price dearly,

two years of my life
with this devil in disguise.

I was warned, but didn't listen
to the truth that spoke
inside.

No comments: