Sunday, February 16, 2020

Being Thankful

there is so much to be thankful for.

I have so many pairs of socks
it's embarrassing.

shoes too.

underwear still wrapped in plastic.
I have four new suits,
black and charcoal that I never wear.

I have ice.

water, hot and cold.
a house. a yard.

a very comfortable bed.
I have electricity.

my health.
my son in California
doing well.

I have brothers and sisters,
a father
at 92.

there's money in the bank,
more than i'll ever need
or spend. there's food
in the freezer.

I have work. I have a car,
a truck.

a washing machine, a dryer.

televisions, radios, stereos.
speaker all over
the place.

a cell phone, a land line.
I have hands
and legs,

eyes and ears.
teeth.
a heart that beats on a regular
basis.

I have old friends, new friends.
so many good memories.

I have the past, I have now.

I have peace. I have joy. I have
so much

through luck, and hard work,
and by being blessed.

but I know that like Job, things
could at any moment could take
a turn for the worse.

No comments: