Monday, July 29, 2019

going back in time

i finally get my time machine up
and running.
it's taken a while, but it's
done. i found the design in an
old popular mechanics magazine
that my father subscribed to.
it was hard getting the plutonium
to give it power, but the internet
was very helpful with that.

i take a test run and go back
thirty minutes ago, when my
full cup of coffee was just
poured and hot.
it works. i have my coffee hot
again. i take it with me as
i return to the present.

i then set the lever to take
me back two years ago, to an
exact date that i have in mind.
when i get there, i change my
phone number, my email address,
i delete and purge every connection
I've ever had with one particular
person, then return to the now
again.

amazing.
life is peaceful. life is calm
and stress free.
i feel lighter, happier,
more myself than i have in
years. i have no bad memories,
no more ruminations, or
anxiety about what this person
did to me. there's not a trace
of anger or resentment.
all the crazy nonsense is gone.
it's like that nightmare
never happened.
i am at last free. i love
my time machine.

No comments: