Friday, July 31, 2020

my deepest regrets, rsvp

i'm sorry, but i can't attend.

you know.
the virus and all.

maybe in the fall,
or next spring?

pool party, oh my.
again, i'm sorry but i have
to refuse
the invitation, although you
know me,

how i'd love to attend.

the wedding. gosh sakes.
no.
but tell me
where you're listed and i'll
be sure
to send
whatever it is you might
be needing.

birth of your child.
we shouldn't take the chance,
and you know

how i feel about babies.
i won't be able
to sleep
without holding it in my
arms.

perhaps when it's more grown,
say out of the diaper phase
and into college.

but you know what,
once we have a vaccine
i'll be the first to arrive

and the last to leave from all your
frequent gatherings.

honest to goodness,
i do miss our get togethers.

zoom perhaps? 

No comments: