Wednesday, July 29, 2020

trauma bonding

is this the person

you want to be with for the rest
of your life

i tell her
as she gives me the list of his
many abuses

towards her.
he lies.
he cheats.

he manipulates and isolates
me.
he's quiet

and withholds information
about what he's
doing, where he's going.

he hides his phone,
always texting someone 
in front of me.

he makes promises that he'll
change,
but he never does.

my friends and family don't like
him, they tell me
to move on.

we never go anywhere, or
do anything.

he stays in contact with his
old girlfriends, sees them when
i'm not around.

i wake up crying.
i'm having panic attacks.
i'm in therapy.

i've lost weight, i've lost friends.
i'm a nervous
wreck all the time.

but i love him so so much
and can't imagine my life without
him.

what do you think?

No comments: