Tuesday, October 8, 2024

i surrender, good luck with being me

tired from the endless
calls, at last
i allow
the man on the phone to steal my
identity.
i give him
my social security number,
my bank
account numbers,
my address,
my phone numbers.
i give him the names of my
children,
my wife.
my doctor.
i give him my height and weight.
i tell him where
i work,
and how much money
i make.
i give him
my mother's maiden name.
i tell him
where i was born,
where i grew up.
what school i attended.
i tell him
my nickname.
my dog's name.
i give him all the passwords
to everything
on my computer
and phone.
i give him the combination
to my safe,
the name of my first love.
i tell him
where i'll park my car tomorrow
and that i'll
leave the keys
under the seat.
go ahead, i tell him, it's all
yours,
everything.
it's your turn.
i'm so tired of being me.

No comments: