Monday, January 29, 2024

Tai Kwan doe

i run into the woman who used
to be partners
with 
Avi, the man who ran the Tai Kwan doe
studio
that my son
was suckered into joining
twenty five years ago.
how's Avi, i ask her.
oh, not good, not good.
he's back in Israel, but he has
Parkinsons now.
he's not well.
luckily he made millions off
that tai Kwan doe racket.
and how's your son, she asks,
your wife?
i tell her my son is on the west
coast,
he became a lumberjack,
after learning
how to chop wood
with his hand.
my wife and i divorced
after she had an
affair with Carlos, the black belt
at your school.
oh my, she says.
he was quite the lothario.
yup, he was giving her personal
lessons
behind the dojo, after the kids
were gone.
he dragged one of the sweaty
mats
out behind
the dumpsters and gave her the
monkey business.
i came home one night and she
put me in a choke hold,
and kicked me
in the groin
with a vicious round house kick.
and she was only a yellow belt
at the time.
anywhoo,
nice to see you again.
tell Avi, i said hi.

No comments: