Thursday, March 12, 2020

what about netflix?

I go up to the local
grocery
store

to stock up on supplies
before the end of the world
occurs.

water, butter, meat.
spinach. baby leaf.

it's coming,
the paper says, the news
man
says.

the neighbor, the doctor,
the
mailman.

the town crier is crying
on the corner, the end is near,
the end is near.

repent. repent.

I look up at the blue sky
and everything looks
okay.

there are no dead birds
on the ground.

no dogs in the street,
or zombies
running free

with blood running
from their eyes.

will this too pass and we'll
have an early
spring,

or do I have to board up the
windows
and hunker down.

is this the end of Chinese
food delivery. have I eaten
my last

box of kung pao chicken
from hunan west, delivered?

what about Netflix?

No comments: