Wednesday, March 18, 2020

there's no place like home

if she'd been born

three hundred years earlier
they would have

burned her at the stake
I tell

my therapist. she laughs
and crosses

herself, amen, she says
then writes something
down on
her legal pad.

remember a year ago, she says. how
discombobulated you were.

I love that word, I tell her.
people should use it more often.

but yes. I had basically lost
my marbles after
being married to
that crazy woman for a whole year.

the lying, the cheating, the betrayal.
I think back at how
sick she made me...

calm, down, she says. calm down
breathe and repeat after
me,

she not your problem anymore
and she's out

of your house.

say these words after me
and click
your heels together.

there's no place like home
there's no place like home
there's no place like home.

No comments: