Thursday, March 26, 2020

darkness into light

i feel a twinge of hope

when i see
the stripes of light fall across
the bed.

the sun hasn't given up
on us yet.

i see a kid already
up and out in the street kicking
a red ball.

singing, and skipping
along.

the parent on the porch
quietly reading

a book.

the ebb and flow
of it all is so crystal clear

when thinking
of my own life

over the past three years.

there is complete darkness
and then

there's light.

i go into the basement and
find a ball

in the closet, tucked away
tight.

1 comment:

Di said...

I feel a twinge of hope
when I see the stripes of light
fall across the morning bed
Outside a kid already up and out
in the street kicking a red ball.
The parent on the porch quietly
reading.
When thinking of my own life, all of it
is crystal clear: there is complete darkness and then

there's light.

Honestly --I think you could end there. I even like the extra space at the end --before the last line. But what the hell, I am just the Ohio editor, not the poet.