Friday, September 24, 2021

lost in space

i made up a dating profile once,
stating that i was
an astronaut.
i had been to the moon,
circled the earth a hundred
times in my capsule.
i posted pictures of me
in my space suit, standing
next to the flag
on the lunar surface.
i embellished and polished
my story.
in time i was invited
to parties, to embassies,
to the grand opening of
an apartment complex.
i made up my name. my age,
my height.
there was nothing about the profile
that resembled me
in the slightest.
but oh how i was loved
and adored.
wanted by those on Kalorama Road.
they wanted me to come
and regale them with my journeys
into space.
it didn't end well though 
when i came clean
and told them who i really was.
anger ensued, despite me
offering free estimates for 
a paint job and  a power wash too.

No comments: