Sunday, August 23, 2020

online therapy

curious about the online therapy
site
i give it a shot.
my therapist, marilyn  and i have
a nice
preliminary chat.

i give her my current
state of mind.
half crazy, half not crazy,
and she reassures me that
in about nineteen sessions
i will be fine.

i give up my credit card number,
with fingers crossed.
and settle in to the first session
after fixing a dry martini
and putting on my silky
black pajamas. comfort is my
thing, i tell her, as we zoom,
face to face.

i dim the lights and put
some music on. a little marvin
gaye to set the mood.
the first thing she says 
to me, is
you know this isn't a dating site,
don't you?
we're not on a date. i'm
actually a trained and certified
therapist, here to help you.

to which i wink and say to
her, sipping on my drink.
if you were a tree, what kind
of tree would you be?

No comments: