Tuesday, May 12, 2020

let's talk about the weather

let's talk about the weather
she says
as we lie
in bed
after making love.
we've been making love
a lot lately.
it seems like relationships
go one way or
the other with this
lock down.
okay.
I tell her.
you go first.
well, she says. I think
the weather
has been strange lately.
too cold
and windy for this time
of the year.
perhaps, I tell her.
maybe.
a nice warm sunny day
would be nice at some point.
amen to that, she says,
stretching her legs.
maybe i'll shave my legs
today.
okay. I tell her.
do whatever you want.
are you going to work
today?
i'm not sure, are you?
I might go in late.
but make a cup of coffee
first before
I go down to the basement
office.
I might take a walk
she says
if it's not too cold out.
right, I tell her.
maybe we can fool around
so more at lunch
time, I suggest, touching
her elbow. I have six
zoom meetings, but after that?
sure, she says.
any requests?
surprise me, I say.
surprise me. do you still
have that little
black outfit you wore
in cancun?
oh yeah, she says. it's
in the line up.

No comments: