Saturday, December 28, 2019

i'm a wholesales gem dealer

i'm in turkey right now she writes
to me
via text.

it's jane, a stunning blonde
on elite singles.

i'm a wholesales gem dealer,
she writes,
but I do real estate in Greece.

I have a son named dusty.

I look at my phone and shake my
head.

I get the funny feeling
that she might be a scammer. oh my.

(on the internet, no less)

her age is sixty, but her glamor
shot says thirty.

what a nice name, dusty, I write
back.

a strange coincidence, my house
is dusty. the maid is coming
tomorrow.

what do you do, she writes.

i'm an international
deli meat salesman, I tell her.
I specialize in salami and uncured hams.

she writes back. i'm a wholesales
gem dealer, but I do real estate
in Greece.

what's your son's name, I type in.

No comments: