Thursday, April 25, 2019

i'll be your sponsor

the therapist
is kind and thoughtful.
a dose
of reality, a glass of ice
cold water
thrown into my face.
she peels back
the layers of deception
and puts
a mirror to the truth.
is that the life
you want, she says,
pointing at everything
I've told her.
to go back to that
misery?
think about what you just
went through,
no one deserves that,
not for one more day,
or hour.
you're free from
that insane way of living,
be happy
with that.

i'll be your sponsor,
she says,
anytime you get that crazy thought,
if you ever get the urge
or desire to return
to your relationship addiction,
call me, text me,
send a smoke signal into
the sky,
contact me immediately
and i'll get you back
on track. don't listen
or believe that little
false voice inside
your head. it's lying to you.

No comments: