Friday, April 5, 2019

how much do you make per year

my crazy lawyer,
with a lazy eye and a stammer,
is all
excited. he smells a payday
up
ahead.
he's a car chaser,
a grave
digger of marriages going
down.
slip on a floor and he's
there
with a law suit in hand.
he rubs his clammy
claws together and
smiles
across his enormous desk.
real wood, he says knocking
on it. but I digress.
so do tell, but before
we start,
coffee, water, gin and tonic?
I could have my secretary
rub your shoulders
while we talk,
she's from the Ukraine.
she's a beauty, isn't she?
no, okay, no problem. so
go on,
tell me the whole sordid
story
from start to finish,
every salacious detail
and then we'll see
where we go from here.
by the way, he says,
before we go any further,
and I hate to ask,
how much do you make
per year.

No comments: