Tuesday, April 21, 2020

my hoarding progress

I look at my forty seven rolls
of toilet paper

stacked in my living room.
i'm very proud of them.

the courage and determination it
took to fight through
so many
elderly people to get them
out of their weak hands.

I never thought i'd be the hoarder
type,
but i'm getting the hang of it.

meat. yes. vodka, yes.
paper towels,

cheese and eggs. bacon. three pounds
should hold me.

sixteen bars of white hand soap.

a case of water. batteries, candles,
matches,

surgical masks, curiously made in china,
a hundred.

fifty pairs of purple surgical gloves.
(also, curiously made in china)

two measuring tapes stretched out
and locked into six feet.

what's next. maybe a cat, or two,

or three. i'll go slow with them.

oh, and least I forget,
testing kits....zero.

No comments: