Wednesday, April 22, 2020

face time

we do the face time

thing, after I finally learn how
to install

the app into my phone.

I didn't even know what an app
was two
months ago.

it thought it meant an appetizer.
like
calamari

or sliders, or
oysters.

small portions of food you
get at a bar

when having a drink or two.

we look at each other in our
little screens

and say you look good. been awhile.
i'm cutting my own

hair now,
she says. and flips her head to the
side to show
me a sheared area
close to her scalp.

your hair looks very dark,
I tell her. black now?
going goth, are we?

I say with a hint of an English
accent. it's raw umber,

she says. the last box on the shelf.

we both have pretty much lost
our minds.

I like your t shirt, she says.
is that ketchup on the front.

no, no, I made a bloody mary
this morning
and spilled some
when I slipped and fell
across the coffee table.

I can't get used to these new bed
room slippers I found on amazon.

No comments: