Thursday, May 9, 2024

the prosperity teacher healing

my allergies to tree pollen
have gotten so
bad that i place my hand on
the television
and ask the televangelist
preacher
to heal me.
i watch intently as i sneeze
and blow my nose.
he says that for a thousand
dollars
i can be free of this ailment
or any other ailment
the devil has cast upon me.
begone, he says to someone
on the screen, slapping
an old lady's head,
telling her to rise from
her wheelchair and toss
aside those crutches.
someone wheels her away,
as she seems
to be unconscious.
he suggests using
a credit or a debit card,
but will take checks too,
or an envelope full of cash
slipped under his mansion
door in Palm Springs.
i write a check and send it
off with a note.
writing the words,
allergy to tree pollen.
please heal me. thanks.
i'm waiting patiently
as i open another box
of Kleenex, and spray
more antihistamines
up my nose.

No comments: