Sunday, June 25, 2023

nurse with a purse

my friend Jimmy calls me
after his hellish
divorce.
he's down in the dumps.
broke and in therapy.
he wants me to cheer him up,
but i;'ve got nothing.
zero advice to give him.
the only thing i can think
of is,  maybe he should order
a pizza, or some Chinese
food, or maybe get a massage
down at the local massage
parlor.
he laughs, and says,
right, ten dollar make you holler
no, no Jimmy, not that kind
of massage.
you know what i need, he says.
what i really need and would
make my life right?
no what?
i need a nurse with a purse,
a woman with money who can
take care of me when i get
sick and old.
i'd be set then.
no doubt, i tell him.
no doubt.
should i get pepperoni
or Italian sausage on my pizza?
he asks.
pfffft, go crazy. get them both.
what the hell.
you only live once,
unless of course
you're Hindu.

No comments: