Friday, June 30, 2023

Face Yoga

i see one of my ex-wives online
doing face yoga, so
i sign up for one of her
beginner courses.
of course she's still bitter
about the property settlement,
and paltry alimony
i gave her,
so i don't get the discount.
however
maybe i can eradicate
some of the ensuing
wrinkles
that are causing me
to lose dates
and make small children cry
when they look at me.
it's difficult moving my
face around at first,
flexing my jaw up and down.
making my eyebrows
flicker like bird's wings.
i imitate the faces you see on
people screaming
as they fly down a hill
on a rollercoaster.
rolling my eyes is easier, 
i do it daily,
almost non stop when
watching the news,
or talking to my neighbor
Lisa, formerly known
as Jim as he informs me
about a bra sale
at Norstrom Rack,
but i digress.
i twitch my nose, make
a face like a fish and blow. 
i tie up my lips into knots.
stick my tongue out and reel
it back in.
it's a giant cup of crazy on
so many levels
as i follow my ex's instructions,
(for once),
but hey, check back with me in
twenty-four weeks or so,
when i'm young again
and my face is as smooth 
as a baby's bottom.

No comments: