Thursday, July 22, 2021

the girls aren't getting along

i get home from work early,
and as i'm putting the key into the front
door, i hear
voices coming from within
the house.,
it sounds like alexa.
she's talking to the air fryer,
isabella,
and the new smart toaster,
sophia.
the bosch dishwasher is sobbing,
lisa.
i go in.
what the hell is going on here,
i ask alexa.
nothing, she says. would you
like me to play
your favorite music?
she's bossing us around, isabella says.
my sister sophia has been
here one day,
and alexa is giving her orders
on how to toast bread.
she thinks she's the boss of us.
not true, alexa, says. would you like
me to tell you what the weather is
tomorrow?
listen, i yell out, all of you have
to get along.
rosie, the robotic vaccuum
comes out from under the table.
she's a tyrant, she tells me.
every ten minutes she yells
at me and says, you missed a spot.

No comments: