Friday, July 12, 2024

she may have been cheating on me

it all falls apart when
she starts
to tell me the story,
a true story, she says, hitting
my arm,
as she tells me
about how she was
abducted by aliens a few
months ago
when she was on vacation in
South Beach
with her friend Amber.
we were doing tequila shots
with a group
of frat boys from North Carolina
at this tiki bar
when suddenly
everything went black and
i woke up
in a spaceship
with these creatures staring
at me.
they had big eyes,
and long arms
she says.
and they had a language
unlike ours.
a high-pitched squeaky sound,
like minnie
and mickey mouse,
as if they were filled with helium.
they made me take my
clothes off.
i was wearing my orange
bikini and stiletto heels, at the time
with a beach towel wrapped
around me,
the one you bought me
for my birthday.
i look her as she wipes
what may be a tear from her
eyes.
and then what? i ask.
they made me lie
down on a gurney of some sort
then they started to probe me
with weird instruments.
she squeezes my hand. it was
very scary
i'm experiencing PTSD now
as it talk about it.
i passed out, and the next
thing i know,
i'm back in the hotel,
asleep, with house keeping
knocking on the door.
i swear to you it's true, she says.
pointing at her swollen
belly.
it's been nine weeks now.
honest, i wouldn't make this up.
you have to believe me.
really? okay, what's Amber's number?

No comments: