Saturday, February 24, 2024

becoming a nude male model

i pick up a part time
job
at the community college
as a nude
male model
for an art class.
they needed a middle age
white man
with no hair
and big feet to pose
for them.
although i fibbed about 
the middle age part.
if that was true,
i'd live to be one hundred
and forty,
give or take a year or two.
i find out later that it's
an abstract art
class, ala Pablo Picasso, 
which is a fortunate thing,
because now
there are no true replications
of me.
sometimes they ask
me to stand on my head,
or to put an apple
in my mouth.
or to bend my arms
and legs in crazy ways.
everyone tries not to
laugh, but i can hear them
snickering behind
their easels.
it's very uncomfortable later
when i see the students
in the cafeteria
having coffee after class.

No comments: