Friday, December 15, 2023

dreaming of a white christmas

it was around
this time of year, the holidays
when the marriage
was falling apart
that my
second wife
tapped
the phones and had me
followed.
she also download every
key stroke
on my computer
and emptied my bank account.
i remember it well.
that clicking
noise on
the phone, looking in my
rear view mirror
and seeing
her crazy sister in her
green Ford Taurus,
slumping down
in her seat, when she
saw me looking.
every morning, when we
woke up,
the ex didn't say good morning
dear, love of my life,
father of my son,
no,
instead she'd say, today
the Sherriff is coming to 
arrest you.
for what reason, she never told me.
this all took place around
the holidays,
and so now,
every time, i hear
Bing Crosby singing 
White Christmas, or i see
a tree on top of someone's car,
or the holiday inn where i stayed
at for a week,
a tear comes,
to my eye, breathing is difficult,
and i begin to have 
a panic attack.

No comments: