Thursday, July 20, 2023

the 1-800 chat line

feeling
lonely i dial up the 1-800 chat
line.
it's late,
i've had a few
cocktails,
and my hand is deep into
a bag of Doritos.
a woman
comes on the line.
she sounds sweet and sexy,
but with a high pitched
Minnie mouse voice.
she lets out a long deep sigh
until she
starts coughing and
slapping herself
in the chest.
she excuses herself
and then
comes back onto the call.
hello sugar bear, she says.
i'm back.
smoker?
i ask. yes, she says.
two packs a day, i can't quit,
now where were we sweetheart?
i'm wearing
almost nothing, she says.
just a smile
and a pair of handcuffs.
what are you wearing?
i look at my
t-shirt with Dorito stains on it,
and my red Christmas boxer
shorts that my ex
wife gave me.
i still have my black socks
on from work.
i describe my clothes to her.
oh my, she says,
coughing again.
hacking up a lung.
are you okay?
hey, you should try hypnosis
for your cigarette
addiction, i tell her.
really, she says, clearing her throat.
yes. it really works.
after one session i gave
up cigars and the hookah pipe.
hmmm,
she says, back to her sexy
voice.
so, darling, tell me what you like
to do in the boudoir?
you know what, can i call you
back
tomorrow?
i'm really sleepy now. am i being
charged for this?
i mean nothing
happened on my end, okay?

No comments: