Sunday, June 13, 2021

having the pre sex talk

before we make love
she says,
we should have a talk.
okay.
sure, i tell her, trying to unzip
her dress.
stop, she says.
hold on.
pump your brakes.
oh, sorry, habit.
so, okay, talk.
do you have anything?
like what?
you know, like heebie jeebies.
bed bugs?
no, you know what i mean.
std's.
stuff like that.
no, been lucky.
russian roulette at times,
but lucky.
i cross my self
and knock on wood.
me either, she says, but i
was married for thirty years
and he just died
three weeks ago.
whereas you've been out there
catting around
for god knows how long.
i'm good,
i say. had blood work done
six months ago.
clean bill of health although
they did find a few
martini olives in my aorta.
well. i still don't trust you.
she pulls out a shoe box full
of shiny plastic square envelopes.
i bought a wide
selection of sizes and colors,
shapes and designs.
what are these, i ask her.
you don't know what these are?
they look familiar.
they still make these? i remember
them in the 80's.
wow, it's like taking a walk
down memory lane.
cool, thanks for showing them to me.
it's good to have a hobby. my mother
was a collector too.
she collected postage stamps
from all over the world.
i'll show them to you sometime.
now turn around,
let me see if i can get this zipper
unstuck.
dang i can barely
get my fingers on it.

No comments: