Friday, February 10, 2023

my woman the vampire

i always suspected
that she might be a vampire.
but was never
sure.
the pale skin,
the night life,
that coffin in the basement
full of top soil.
her fear of
garlic
and crosses. she couldn't
even cross stitch
a pair of booties for my
new born niece.
she had enormous teeth too,
which i thought
was just a genetic impediment.
her father
had the same set of choppers.
hey, we all have something.
she told me she was new jersey,
but she had
a German accent, or from somewhere
in eastern Europe.
Jersey, my foot,
and then she bit me
one night in the middle of
making love.
i yelped like a wild
coyote and turned the light on.
what the hell, i said.
you bit my neck.
there's blood everywhere.
i just got these California
bamboo, hundred per cent
sateen cotton sheets on amazon.
now look. blood is everywhere.
jiminy crickets.
i need to put some Neosporin
on this bite and a bandage.
don't move an inch,
hold that thought, okay.
we're not done here, but no
more biting.
okay? okay?
she just smiled, licking the blood
off her lips.
whew.
i've got to vette these women better.

No comments: