Saturday, January 15, 2022

meeting royalty for a drink

pardon my lack of interest,
i tell her
after she tells me that,
she's prettier in person.
intense too, so don't
be surprised.
i like the finer things in life,
she says.
i like my doors opened
for me.
i think the man should pay
and treat me as if
i'm royalty. i'm very old
fashioned that way.
so don't be surprised 
when you meet me, i'm
what they call a Queen Bee.
oh, i won't be, i tell her.
no worries there,
because i don't want
to meet you. i already
don't like you.
you're one of those.
one of those, she says?
excuse me?
yes. one of those.
probably good in bed, but
crazy in the head.
too many demands, too
many needs.
i don't need that kind
of drama anymore.
been there, done that.
i've had my fill.
so go find another dope
that will bend his knee.
dial tone.

No comments: