Friday, September 10, 2021

i start my day with a smoothie

what's wrong, she asks
on the phone, you sound so tired.
i am i tell her.
very tired, but there's more.
what?  she says.
what else?
i'm kind of bitter too
and holding in a lot of anger
and resentment.
i've been having ruminations
about the witch
i was married to for a short while.
oh, my she says.
drinking her strawberry smoothie.
i hear the slurping of her
straw at the bottom of her glass.
have you tried yoga
and meditation?
it works for me.
no. i tell her. it's been mostly
gin and tonics.
slice of lime.
i see, she says. well for me,
every morning, i go outside
and get into the lotus
position and thank the world,
the universe
for all that it's giving me.
i get in touch with nature
and my inner child.
i pray to that higher power,
that some call God, or whatever
and make my peace
with Him, or Her, or
whatever
and then i start my day,
making an organic smoothie
with whatever fruit is in season.
you're making me
even more depressed, i tell her.
gotta go. namaste.


No comments: