Friday, February 11, 2022

her part time job

a hundred years ago,
i like to say that now
because it does feel that long ago,
but it might have
been ten years
for all i know,
anyway i digress.
i met a woman who was quite
bossy.
quite strange in
an interesting sort of way.
at the end of our
first meeting, i reached
around her waist
to kiss her goodbye
and she slapped me hard
across the face, saying,
did i say you could do that.
do not kiss me until i say
it's okay. she suddenly sounded
very German.
okay, i said. okay. feeling my
hurt cheek.
then she opened the trunk
of her car, saying she
had something to show me.
she waited for my reaction
as i stared at the whips
and chains, the leather boots,
the mask and other assorted
mechanical devices
that i'd never seen before.
interested, she asked.
do you like to play?
are you into the game of pain?
it's my part time job.
ummmm, you know
what, i got to get going.
i may have left the stove on.
then slowly backed away,
before running down the street.
she yelled at me, Achtung!
come back here you coward.
i demand you come back
here.

No comments: