Monday, December 21, 2020

the best christmas card ever

i get a beautiful 
christmas card

from the Shell Gas Station
up the street

where Billy Bob inspects my
truck once
a year.

the paper is thick, bonded,
not that cheap

paper they use when you buy
a box of fifty generic cards
at the dollar store.

i need two hands to open
it up.
it's a glossy red with white
snow flakes
falling down.

this card is musical too.
it plays the andy williams
version of  silent night,

which always brings a tear
to my eyes.

and get this,
it doubles as a tree ornament.

i may never throw it away.

i feel bad though, because i haven't
sent them

a card this year, or any year
for that matter.

but my list is so long now.

the paint store,
the maid,
the dog walker,
my insurance agent
my dentist
my massage therapist
my optometrist 
my plumber
my exterminator 

i owe them all a card.
good lord.
the pressure.

maybe next year.

No comments: