Saturday, September 24, 2022

take it for a test drive

the car salesman
tells me
it's hard to find a black or
white car these days.
front wheel drive
is almost obsolete. but
let me go talk to my manager.
fifteen minutes later
he comes back shaking his head.
well, bad news,
my manager says that
they're almost not making
cars anymore,
but let me show you
what we have on the lot.
what do you think
of this new avocado
color that we have? also
we've got a pink one
coming
in from Baltimore
next week.
it's a statement car,
telling the world that you
are against cancer.
very important these days,
and the chicks will love it.
save the ta ta's and all that.
put a thousand down and
i can put you on a waiting
list.
there's some used
junkers out back,
how about that grey one?
it's not the car you want,
but if you want to take it
for a test drive, you can.
let me get the mechanic
to put some tires on it.

No comments: