Sunday, December 16, 2018

you're going to live

I like my new doctor
she's not like the last
one. gelda von stroppenheimer.
I don't know what happened
to her, although I heard
an intern whisper the word
deportation when he was pushing
a wheel chair down the hall.
whatever the case may be
she just plum
disappeared.
what she lacked in bedside
manner
and common sense, she made
up in....in.
well i'm not sure what,
but let's just say, she was
punctual and leave it at that.
the new doctor has an espresso
machine.
she has candy and treats, up to
date magazines.
and wi fi.
there's art on the wall,
green live plants in the corner.
low music playing.
I almost want to order a drink
when i'm in her office
and ask someone to dance.
patients often get up and leave
after sitting there for a few
minutes. healed by osmosis.
I should make an appointment
for her to check out every single
liver spot on me.

No comments: