Wednesday, October 15, 2014

i'm not a piece of candy

I'm not a piece
of candy
she says, dismissing
you
as a playa, as she
likes to say.
you are just like
all the other men.
you just want one
thing, and one thing
only. but let me
tell you this mister,
I am not a piece
of candy to be
found in a big glass
jar, waiting
for you to reach in
and pluck me out,
unwrap me and have your
way with me all night.
I'm not that kind of
girl. I want a
commitment and some
sort of agreement
to an exclusive
relationship before
your lips touch
my lips and furthermore
I want to walk on the beach,
hand in hand,
go to museums and nice
restaurants, I want
to meet your friends
and family, and....
stop right there you
tell her. repeat that first
part. you take out
a pen and write
down what you can remember
that she's said
so far. now go back
to the part
where you say,
I'm not a piece of
candy, you tell
her, scribbling frantically
in your notebook. this
stuff is gold. go
on go on, you prompt
her, go on...im not
a piece of candy....
then what?

No comments: