Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Two Mai Tais


I finally make it up to
Hunan West

to get some greasy Chinese food.
busting loose

from the Keto diet.
at some point you need some flavor,
some salt

something fried and heart clogging.
I get my usual.

crispy beef and two soggy egg rolls
fried in
lard.

I sit at the three seat bar and order
a mai tai stuffed with a half
a pound of cut fruit and a little umbrella

that I almost poke my eye out with.
the tv is on.

Bruce, the barkeep, looks up
at the screen, then looks at me
and says,
crazy out there.

yup,  a giant cup of crazy.
make me another, please, I tell
him as I slurp the last sugary
concoction down.

you march today?
nah, i tell him. work, bike ride.
read.

netflix.  i've seen this show before.
I got nothing, this time around.

brown or white rice?
you know what. let's go with brown.



No comments: