Thursday, July 31, 2014

standing in the shadow of love

you aren't
as good looking as
you think you are,
she tells you in an
e mail writing
in dark blood.
you can almost feel
the force of her
fingers striking
the keys.
just because I'm
a large woman you've
rejected me.
I was once a trophy
wife, a catch.
and when I lose
this weight i'll
be back turning
heads, ignoring you.
you are no
George Clooney.
you aren't even
bozo the clown
though you made me laugh.
you're a step below
a cave man.
you may have been
a pretty boy once,
but you've aged
and now you are just
an old man with
wrinkles, bald.
shallow and mean.
I'm okay with being,
okay, i'll come out
and say it. fat, but you
will never change.
go look in the mirror
loser man and weep,
but don't cry for
me, cause I'm bigger
than that.

No comments: