Friday, July 11, 2014

take my picture

I don't understand people,
margo says to you
while clipping her toe
nails at the pool.
damn it's hot out, I
could use another high ball,
why don't they have waiters here?
people are in such a rush
these days, always in
a hurry to go somewhere.
she turns her glass
letting a piece of ice
fall into her mouth.
and what's with this face
book thing. are you on
there? I hate it. I was
on there for two weeks
and began to despise
all my friends. I don't give a
flying fig about what they
had for dinner, or
where they took a vacation.
give me a break. hey, hey,
are you listening.
sorry, you tell her,
I dosed off for a minute,
you said something about
it being hot out. could
you do me a favor
and take a picture of me
with my phone, I need
to post it later.

No comments: