Saturday, March 18, 2023

when will i get my Tupperware back?

finally i get the call that
i've been dreading.
it's Emily.
before she says a word
i can tell it's her.
something about her breathing
when she's angry,
or disappointed.
hello, i say,
cautiously.
so when am i going to get
all of my
Tupper ware back, she says.
we've been broken
up for three months
now and you promised
you'd drop it off on my porch,
weeks ago.
is this weekend okay?
yes. did you wash them all out.
of course, of course.
no worries. i'll get them all
back to you this weekend.
and don't forget the glass
containers too, with the lids,
and my
travel coffee mug.
the one with the big heart
on the front
that you gave me for
valentine's day.
got it. is that all?
well there might be something
under your bed,
with a long extension cord,
could you bring that too.

No comments: