Tuesday, August 31, 2021

that's not very Christian of you

i realize that i'm a very
very reluctant
forgiver.
if someone slights me,
abuses me,
lies and cheats
on me,
or snubs me, i have the
hardest time
in turning the other cheek.
i can quietly hold a grudge
until the cows come home.
(i don't have any cows)
my therapist tries
to bring it all back around
again
to my childhood and low
self esteem. not being
hugged enough and told how
wonderful i am.
maybe i wasn't that wonderful,
or huggable.
not all kids are.
most are smelly brats.
i digress.  forgiveness.
aaaargh.
i'd prefer to blame my lack
of forgiveness on
the people who offended
me.
maybe if they grew up
and matured and actually
apologized for being
inconsiderate
immoral dopes, i'd give
them an apology.
stop being narcissistic
buttheads, and then maybe
i'll give you something that
resembles forgiveness.
or maybe just a pat on the head
and a firm boot
out the door.

No comments: