Friday, October 16, 2015

soccer mom

she dribbles the ball
from left foot to right,
surprising you with
her dexterity. just
try and take it from me she says.
so you reach down
and pick the ball up. nooo
you can't use your hands.
that's cheating.
I get a free kick now.
why can't you use your hands,
I ask.
what kind of game is that.
she shakes her head and laughs.
go stand by the goal. i'm going to
kick it into the net.
you be the goalie and try
to stop me.
what do I get if I do. I ask
her.
a kiss. i'll give you a kiss.
okay. we're on.
she moves the ball slowly towards
me as I get in my stance,
arms out, legs spread wide.
then she swings her leg,
striking the ball with the inside
of her foot. in a soft slow arc
it lands gently in my arms.
she comes over and kisses me.
I think I like this game,
I tell her.
let's do it again.

No comments: