Tuesday, July 23, 2013

he won't say he loves me

worried sick about
how her relationship
is going,
she calls you, and
asks for advice. I
think he's seeing other
women, she says.
you can almost hear
her wringing her hands
on the other end.
pulling at strands
of hair on her head.
what makes you think
that, you ask. I don't
know, she says.
we spend four days
and nights a week
together, but I don't
know what he does
the other three.
plus, he has never
said that he loves me.
yesterday he bought
me flowers and I started
crying. no one
buys flowers unless
they feel guilty about
doing something.
so true, you say.
so true. maybe I should
break up with him
she says, end it to stop
this pain. or maybe
I should wait until
after my birthday,
and that trip we have
planned to Europe.
tough call you tell her.
tough call.

No comments: