Monday, September 28, 2015

straight jacket day

I don't know what day it is
your client tells
you on the phone.
I don't have a calendar
near me.
or my phone.
my brain may have
fallen out of my head
too, you say to yourself,
but keep quiet.
isn't today
the day you start work
on my house. I bought six
gallons of paint
for the kitchen. will
that be enough.
I hope so.
are you coming?
yes. you tell her.
yes. i'll be there in
five minutes.
what day is this, she asks
again.
Monday, you tell her.
it's 8 30
and it's Monday morning,
the 28th of September.
okay. see you soon,
i'll be waiting for you.
and if you see my cat
out wandering around, would
you mind picking her
up and bringing her
with you. she has half
a tail and she's
sort of grey color.
her name is Sylvia, but
she won't answer
to that, she might try
to bite you if you pick
her up, so be careful.
okay. will do.
see you shortly.

No comments: