Monday, May 12, 2014

what's yours is mine

when her mother died
she inherited everything.
every book,
every cup and plate,
every piece of clothing,
pictures,
tables and chairs,
cats and dogs,
even the frozen food
in her freezer.
twelve T-bone steaks.
she kept it all. found
room somehow in her
own crowded house.
but now it was cluttered
times two. which made her
daughter nervous.
making her say,
what's wrong with you?
are you mental?
when you die, I'm selling
it all. everything.
or i'll burn it in
a big bonfire, everything,
except maybe that dress,
those shoes,
that stack of books,
your collection of
vinyl albums and your
jewels. well, maybe
some other things too.
i'll make a list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Zelda....I am an artist, a mother, a spouse, a dancer, an author. I'm crazy. will I die first? d