Wednesday, May 31, 2017

second thoughts

frantic,
he paces back and forth
waiting
for the blood test
results
to come in.
it's Russian roulette
out there,
he mutters,
feeling the finger
where his wedding
ring used to be.
i'm exhausted by this
single life.
I thought it was going
to be fun meeting
new women.
but it's not that way
at all.
so many crazies out there,
bankrupt
and mean, just
looking for a free meal,
a handout,
a wad of cash to pay
some bills.
I drop eighty bucks a night
on drinks
and calamari and rarely
even get a kiss,
just a handshake or pat
on the back and the parting
words, good
luck with your search.
I miss my house, my
home, he says
I even miss my ex.
her bad cooking and luke warm
love making.
maybe I should call her,
call her tonight. just
as soon as I
get the results of the bloodwork,
take her back if she'll
have me.

No comments: