Saturday, December 12, 2015

let's do something fun for the holidays

let's do something different
for the holidays my new girlfriend Sylvia
says to me
as I make pancakes in the morning.
she's sitting at the table wearing
one of my t shirts
and little else.
I stir, then pour the batter into
the frying pan, starting with a small one.
like what, i ask her.
let's go to a nudist colony
or something fun like that, she says.
what?
are you kidding me.
I flip the pancake over
just in time before the edges
burn.
yeah, come on it might be fun.
I saw this place on a tv show. warm
beaches, volleyball, everyone
naked walking around having drinks.
everyone is free and happy.
where's this coming from?
who are you?
I slide the pancake out of the pan
and put it on her plate, then
move the butter and syrup
bottle closer to her. silver ware
is in the drawer I tell her, pointing
at the drawer.
we don't even walk around the house
naked in front of each other,
so why would we do that around
complete strangers?
we could get back to nature.
God made us naked, so let's explore
that.
I don't know, sounds insane if you
ask me.
well, what do you want to do then?
same old boring stuff.
dinner with family, open the gifts
under the tree, watch it's a wonderful
life for the millioneth time?
ummm, yeah. that's exactly what
I want to do.
you used to be fun, what happened?
I shake my head and flip another
pancake over. I used to be fun?
we've only been going out for a week.

No comments: