Thursday, January 25, 2018

the outlet coat

the zipper wouldn't move
on my brand
new Calvin Klein
winter coat purchased
smartly on sale
at the outlet store.
waterproof and warm it was.
stylish too, grey with black
trim. but
no matter hard i
pulled, or greased
or ironed
out the zipper, even
after thirty tries
at up and down, it wouldn't
budge.
i'd have to lift the coat
over my head to get
it off
then stretch the fabric
to pull the zipper free.
finally.
tired of the routine,
with both hands
I pulled as hard as I
could to break the zipper
free from the point where it
was stuck.
it was liberating
to hear the tear of fabric,
the flying pieces of
metal teeth and nylon
spraying across
the room. I liked
that coat for the whole
two weeks I had it, but
happily, now, I balled it up
and stuffed it
in the trash.

No comments: