Sunday, January 8, 2017

the crystal ball

my gypsy friend
Lolita
was out on her porch
the other day smoking
a cigarette.
drinking wine.
her crystal ball was beside
her.
I could see
the crack running around the glass
globe.
steam seemed to becoming
out of it,
in ribboned bands.
what's up? I asked her.
I broke my crystal ball
she said.
dropped it on the floor
when I was spraying it with windex.
i'm out of business for awhile.
I have one on order from
Lithuania,
but amazon said it would take
a week, at least.
what bout your tarot
cards and Ouija board>
nah,
I have better results with
the ball.
the Ouija board is kind of lame
anyway.
i'm tired of looking at the lines
in peoples hands too.
I caught a terrible cold
last month.
people need to wash their
hands more, or use
that germ killing liquid.
I need to buy a jug of that and
keep it near the door.
yup, I said.
that's why I wear gloves
all the time.
good idea she says.
you're a smart cookie.

No comments: