Sunday, September 10, 2017

we can remove this virus

it sounds like the same man
or woman
who called yesterday on the phone
about the virus in
my computer.
i'm from Microsoft he says
in broken English.
you have downloaded a corrupt file.
put one finger on the control
button
and the other on the shift
key, press and let
me in. we will fix your computer.
he sounds like
the same guy from the IRS
wanting to help me with
my over due taxes,
and the same fellow who
wants to award me a grant
from the government
for nine thousand and seven
hundred dollars.
I can hear the chatter in
the warehouse of people behind him.
we talk and talk about all of
these issues,
becoming friends of sort, then
they grow weary and hang
up telling me to go do an
impossible thing to myself
involving procreation.
I don't worry though, i know
his anger and frustration with
me will subside. I know
he'll call back tomorrow,
around the same time.

1 comment:

Dianne C. said...

Oh you aren't doing it right if they call back. I really pissed all of mine off... The computer repair person, IRS who said I was going to jail and the guy from Chase trying to collect on a car that was apparently repossessed 7 years ago. No more calls, I guess I was just too annoying.