Saturday, May 30, 2015

so nice of you to leave

so nice of you to come.
to spend the long weekend
with me.
asleep in the guest room,
up before dawn.
I can hear you cracking
your knuckles at night,
but that's okay.
and I don't really mind
that you've left
the milk out on the counter,
or the dog out in
the yard. no problem.
looking through my bills,
and personal papers is fine
too. I have nothing to hide
from anyone, especially
not you. we're friends, old
friends from so long
ago, it's hard to remember
why or when that happened.
here, let me help you with
your suitcase.
I can fold those clothes.
what time is your train
coming, I can drive you
there. perhaps a little early
if you want, just to make
sure you get a window seat.
let me hop in the shower first
if you've left me any
hot water.
so nice of you to come,
but now it's time to go.

No comments: